“A country or civilization is judged by the way it treats its animals.”
Our Natural Business and Healing Communities are based on the foundation:
- Animal-Based Testing of Natural Ingredients Significantly Increased
- Increase Due to Marketing & Competition – Not Safety Issues
- Under DSHEA Animal-based research is not Adequate Substantiation
- Valid Testing Alternatives exist and can be Developed
- Opportunity for Cruelty-Free Program similar to Cosmetics
BeyondThe 3 R’s
The USA and EU have ‘adopted’ but not fully instituted changes known as The 3 R’s: Replace, Reduce & Refine Animal-Based Testing. A step in the right direction that falls short of protecting animals from harm. Our Natural Business and Healing Communities can be pivotal in the movement for change.
REPLACE: Yes. Replace animal studies with non-animal methods including: Human Clinical / Patient Studies, Epidemiology, In Vitro Cell, Ethnomedical / Traditional Use, Autopsies/Biopsies, Post-Marketing Surveillance, Moulage / SIM, & Tissue Cultures
REFINE: Refining to be less damaging and painful to animals is not enough.
REDUCE: Not enough; Eliminate all animal-based testing of natural products.
NATURAL PRODUCTS R’s: REPLACE, RESPECT, RETHINK, RESPONSIBILITY
If we don’t do something, who will????